Saturday, May 23, 2009

THE WORLD'S GOT FLU rap poem by me.

Following is the rap poem that I filmed on Thursday and Friday in Toronto. it is now being edited and archival images being added with a sound track. I expect it out by next Friday.
It was actually in the middle of the shoot that I realized I am an Activist. It carries good and bad attributes and I hope to keep mine solidly focused on issues that I can put forward with surety. I am confident of my experience in many fields from politics, organization and on the ground healing. I am building the army of people who will come forward as well as I can.
Maybe some other rappers will read the words and will do their own version. Anyone wishing to make a version is welcome to. Just write me and I will give appropriate sanction to the material.

Read all about it! Read all about it!

The worlds got flu;
What will I do? Or will I turn to mushy goo

The hospitals’s full. line ups round the block
Will they put Emergency doors on lock?

The hours are going by at a slow tick tock
It’s drivin me nuts, I’m only a jock,

my mouth is dry. My head is burstin
Gotto get a flu shot my body’s thurstin

Tamiflu’s run out and Swine flu’s on its way
My stomachs down to bile, can’t last another day

I’ve eaten all the garlic and nothin stops the pain
What to do man… Life’s goin down the drain.

My eyes are all a hurtin so I think I’ll go on line
Maybe there’s something new on how to get me fine

I read the horror stories of children getting sick
And Tamilfu so full of tricks salesmen selling slick

Suicide’s a side effect, At least it does the trick.
Oh I’m feeling rotten. I’m achy to the quick

I looked up 1918 when the world had awesome dying
Flu then was a nightmare without it even trying

I read about the quacks suckin bread crust soaked in lye
There’s gotta be relief or we’re all gonna die.

Hidden in the papers at the back for NONE to read
Was a little group of doctors who had managed to succeed

They used stuff that had no side effects. Cost pennies to make
And all it seemed to do was get your soul to wake

Its made the same and does the same as it did way back then
A medicine that makes you well from a guy called Hahnemann

Sam was a German doctor back when leeches were the rage
Who found our bodies strong, just needing a healing phase

He called it Homeopathy and the doctors hated hearing.
For it didn’t try to kill disease but got folks back to healing

The doctors tried to squash him for they were killing bugs
And into hiding pain with pills that drove you nuts.

And now we’re in a world that’s run on making filthy money.
Pharmaceuticals that top the list and keep us far from sunny.

And we poor souls cannot resist the easy fixes that don’t mix
So they have captured all of us and we are in a dodo fix

But have no fear as I READ on I saw some rays of light
That led me to a remedy at a health store one fine night

The shelves had gentle cures that Hahnemann had made
Now my head is getting clear, my stomachs smooth as jade.

Obama signalled change just a few short months ago
And now he’s building us again to be vibrant in our flow

I know he reads the pages and always to the end
soon he’ll spot the stories and vaccines will be dead

So when the dust has settled we’ll come to see that greed
Will never win the day and good health will soon be freed!!!

Rise up and see the early light and find this other way
To heal yourself so gently and live healthy every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment